Insects I Have Eaten on Purpose
Like it or not, insects will become part of your diet soon enough. Don't panic: they're surprisingly not disgusting.
- •GrasshoppersChapulines, in Mexico. In a quesadilla. Innocuous.
- •CricketsIn flour form, in cookies made by a local company. The cookies were disgusting but it wasn't the crickets' fault.
- •Maguey wormsThis was tough. They're big and wormy. But texturally and flavorally (that is so a word) not terrible.
- •MealwormsOr, as Don Bugito calls them, Superworms! Not bad dried and dusted with spices.
- •Ant larvaeEscamoles. Kind of like Rice Krispies but earthier. Actually an enjoyable snack.
- •Honey antsCovered in chocolate. Sort of like Raisinettes. But, you know, not raisins.