Nyd by the Numbers
As @eatthelove shared, we do a BLT party every year. Here's how it went down this year.
- •10 lbs of Sichuan bacon sliced 2-3 mm thick
- •2 liters of oven-dried tomatoes packed in oilI preserve the tomatoes in September because tomatoes in January suck.
- •2 half pints of tomato jamPlus mayonnaise and Dijon mustard
- •3 heads of iceberg lettuce
- •6 Pullman loaves sliced 11 mm thickTwo loaves more than needed
- •3 lbs of black-eyed peasLots left over.
- •6 large bunches of collard greensSome left over
- •18 bottles of bubblyPlus some other beverages
- •1 pot of coffee
- •30 peopleWe were expecting up to 40 but some were sick
- •About 60 sandwiches in the end
- •8 2-oz jars of bacon fatParty favors!