Stuff I Collected as a Child
I liked to collect stuff. Lots of stuff.
- •RocksNot specific rocks, just ... Rocks. That I found interesting. Later, when I started moving around a lot, this was the first collection to be jettisoned.
- •SeashellsAgain, not like particularly fabulous specimens, just shit I picked up on the beaches on vacation in Cape Cod, Rhode Island or maybe Cape May. But sometimes people would bring me cool ones.
- •CoinsSo many coins. I inherited my mother's cousin's collection of US coins but I was far more interested in international ones. I still have all of it. Some of it is probably worth something.
- •StampsYup, I was a philatelist. Again, big collection, still have it, probably worth something.
- •BillsActual legal tender. I have some very cool and old notes from nations current and defunct. The artwork is incredible.
- •PostcardsI still have a couple shoeboxes of postcards from all over. I should probably just start mailing them randomly to friends.