Stuff in Our Earthquake Kit
You have one, right?
- •ClothesMostly older stuff we won't look fabulous but you definitely will want a couple changes of clothes.
- •WaterChange it every year.
- •Water filtration kitYou will eventually run out if bottled water.
- •FoodMilitary MREs to be specific. Cute little bottles of Tabasco and all.
- •First aid suppliesThe basic kit doesn't cut it. Invest in bigger bandages and gauze, burn gels, and clotting gel.
- •Pet suppliesDon't forget the whole family.
- •Games, books and other non-electronic entertainmentThat iPhone battery ain't gonna last forever.
- •CashA few hundred in small bills.
- •Airplane bottles of boozeFor drinking, sure, but also to trade. Vodka can be used to clean wounds too.
- •Hand crank chargerIt might be the only electricity we got.
- •Book on foraging in Northern CaliforniaIt might come to this if we want to eat.
- •FirearmsYes really.
- •Saline solution for eyes. I imagine getting lots of dust in my contacts!Suggested by @TT