Underutilized Parks With Awesome Views
With a strong focus on ones that are walkable from my house with the dog. Now that you know, don't go to these, ok? Cuz then they won't be underutilized.
- •Kite HillBest access is from Corwin St or Grandview Terrace. Clear view up Market St.
- •Tank HillThe trickiest part is finding the entry: a small trail near the beginning of Twin Peaks Blvd. never anyone here.
- •Jack Early ParkThis park is literally a deck at the end of a series of stairs and walkways on Telegraph Hill. I used to eat lunch here when I worked at Levi's Plaza.
- •Sutro TowerThere's actually a quite nice, flat park at the base of the tower. You're at eye lev with Twin Peaks, on the west side. Trippy.
- •Mt DavidsonI assume the views are good. The one time I went it was socked in with fog. Pretty, though. Even the giant cross.
- •Castro Duncan Open SpaceEasiest access from Duncan Street but coolest by way of a rickety wooden staircase up from 27th that takes you up to two houses nestled in the park surrounded by quirky sculptures.