Ways to Consume Oysters, Ranked
- 1.Raw, unadornedThat is all.
- 2.Raw, squeeze of lemonOK, if they're a touch too briny some acidity helps wake them up.
- 3.Raw, a few drops of mignonetteBut really just drops.
- 4.Raw, dash of hot sauceBecause hot sauce makes everything better.
- 5.Broiled with lemon custardThis was a dish at a now-defunct Japanese restaurant in the Castro and it still haunts my dreams.
- 6.RockefellerBecause breadcrumbs.
- 7.BarbecuedSmoky with tangy sauce, not too shabby.
- 8.Otherwise, please do not cook oysters in any way, ever.