Ways to Consume Oysters, Ranked
- •Raw, unadornedThat is all.
- •Raw, squeeze of lemonOK, if they're a touch too briny some acidity helps wake them up.
- •Raw, a few drops of mignonetteBut really just drops.
- •Raw, dash of hot sauceBecause hot sauce makes everything better.
- •Broiled with lemon custardThis was a dish at a now-defunct Japanese restaurant in the Castro and it still haunts my dreams.
- •RockefellerBecause breadcrumbs.
- •BarbecuedSmoky with tangy sauce, not too shabby.
- •Otherwise, please do not cook oysters in any way, ever.