Wild Edible Plants I Saw While Walking the Dog
Mostly in and around Billy Goat Hill, but often just in the cracks in the pavement.
- •Wild grapeNever noticed before this year and now I see it EVERYWHERE.
- •MallowJust leafing, starting to flower.
- •NasturtiumWaiting for seed pods to make into pseudo-capers.
- •Blackberry brambles
- •Pineapple weedA relative of chamomile.
- •Wild radishInvasive pest. Starting to flower now. Will harvest tender seed pods in summer to pickle.
- •OxalisAka sour grass or wood sorrel.