HUMAN ENCOUNTERS I HAD TODAY BEFORE SPEAKING A WORD.
Quiet times in the big city.
- •9am-10am- Boo ChainA three year long group text with mah Boos.
- •10am- I send a pajamafied reference selfie to a friend who is going to give me a haircut.Immediately realize I need to clean my mirror and put away my undies drying on a hanger
- •12pm- Somebody walking their dog on Classon Ave stops walking to let their dog smell me.I don't love it.
- •12:10- I roll my eyes at a catcaller on Fulton Street.HAY WHERE ARE YOU GOING CAN I COME WICHU????
- •12:40- I make flirty eyes at a handsome man on Queens-bound F train for about ten minutes before realizing the man next to him is his boyfriend.They were holding hands.
- •1pm - I am almost hit by a guy riding his bike the wrong way in a bus lane down Lex at 64th st."HAY I LIKE THAT TATTOO ON YOUR LEG'"
- •1:10pm- I buy a banana from a beautiful teenager at The Food Emporium on 68th and 3rd. She was talking in the phone the whole time.I tired to wave a little thanks but she wasn't into it.
- •1:12- I slip a little on the wet sidewalk at the crosswalk on 70th st. A Good Samaritan goes "WOAH BE CAREFUL THERE!!!!!!"I go 😁😁.
- •1:13- I arrive at work, Stanley the doorman goes "Hi Grace didja swim here from Brooklyn??".It's raining. Also side note: this guy's full name is Stanley Stanley, I shit you not! He's so rad.
- •1:13pm- at least I speak! I croak; "Hi Stanley!"At this point my voice sounds like in Kill Bill 2 when homegirl punches her way out of a coffin and six feet of dusty dirt.