Places I've lived, ranked
I'm also counting places I've volunteered/worked/studied short-term as long as it was more than two months. Because it makes me feel more impressive than I actually am.
- 12.Sevierville, TennesseeTHIS PLACE IS A HELLSCAPE and yes that is a statue of Dolly Parton in front of the courthouse. I live here now and I am trying my darndest to GET OUT
- 11.Crestview, FloridaWe only lived here like a year and a half but for some reason when I google the image I had a really strong negative physical feeling? Weird
- 10.Bastrop, TexasI lived here from 3 months to 8 years so I just remember general kid stuff which is pretty happy
- 9.Orlando, FloridaI was born here but we moved when I was three months old. I did spend a LOT of time here when I lived in Leesburg. It's a tourist trap what can you say
- 8.Leesburg, FloridaThe best thing about it is that it is close to Orlando, but I lived here from 5th grade through high school graduation so I mean I have some good memories of the people I guess.
- 7.Sarajevo, BosniaI was a legal fellow here working on war crimes cases here, and it's an interesting/strange place. The culture is different than anything I've experienced, not quite Europe not quite "third world" (I hate that phrase) but everything was cheap so that's good. It was a long few months.
- 6.Port-au-Prince, HaitiI've been several times (growing up in a Florida church it's basically mandatory) but I worked longer term after the earthquake. It is a really difficult place to be in every sense, and I have a shit ton of issues with our involvement there, but I LOVE the Haitian people and their strength and their culture. And the MANGOS AND PLANTAINS DEAR LORD 🙌
- 5.Galway, IrelandI studied at NUI Galway and what a smashing place. Unfortunately I had some personal anxiety things happening at the time which color my time there, but it is so beautiful and the people are AMAZING. I really really want to go back (I went back and forth on placement between here and Port-au-Prince but the readily available hot showers and no burning trash smell meant it beat PaP out.)
- 4.Jacksonville, FLI went to law school here and while it's nothing spectacular, I loved being close to St. Augustine and being near so much water
- 3.Pensacola Beach, FLWe lived in this resort for like eight months while my dad did some training when I was in third grade and I thought it was SO COOL. I think I would hate Pensacola now but eight year old me's thoughts rule here
- 2.Brussels, BelgiumI worked here for eight months in college, and I can't express how much this city means to me. Who I am today is directly tied to experiences and people and even just thought processes that began there. Also I mean beer and chocolate it's a paradise
- 1.St. Augustine, FLI went to Flagler and then taught here for three years and I consider it home 💖