PICTURES HANGING ON MY OFFICE WALL
I used to work at a newsroom desk, where I had no wall space to call my own. These days, I have my own office, where I get to hang some of my favorite pieces of art I've either acquired myself or been sent as job swag. This is what I'm looking at when I turn away from my computer or the TV on my desk to admire the interior view.
- •Veronica Mars noir posterA Comic-Con giveaway from the UPN days, it hangs behind me and is visible whenever I record an Ask Alan video (or from the defunct Firewall & Iceberg video show).
- •Chuck '80s action movie posterAnother Comic-Con item, this hung side-by-side with Veronica in the last office, but is now on an opposite wall, with Jeffster staring me right in the face as I sit down every morning.
- •Terriers posterSuch a great show. Such a terrible name/marketing campaign. Still, my love of the show overwhelms my annoyance with the snarling dog at the center of this one.
- •NYPD Blue milk adI think I cut this one out of an Entertainment Weekly issue. This show was the start of my career as a TV reviewer; gotta keep a memento of it close by.
- •Battlestar Galactica: The Last SupperSci Fi (before it became Syfy) sent these out as a thank you to critics sometime during the final season.
- •The Wire season 1 posterSmall compared to some of the others, but that seems about right for a show that almost nobody watched when it was originally on.
- •X-Files "I Want to Believe" posterNot an exact replica of the one in Fox Mulder's office (his didn't promise a 6-episode miniseries debuting in January), but still a nice bit of recent swag. Have to figure out where on the wall I want to hang it.