Things About Watching 'The West Wing' for the first time in 2016
Started at the pilot episode last night... No spoilers please! I'll keep adding to the list as I watch.
- •They all have pagersI knew this was a 1999 season one start, but the snappy dialogue makes me feel like it could be more recent than that. Yet...pagers.
- •The topics are still relevantThe pilot episode addresses refugee/migrants crossing oceans in what can roughly be called 'rafts' and the description felt so familiar.
- •So many phone callsHonestly, I overlook the wonder of smartphones and texts and emails.
- •Hopeful-ness?It feels a bit like time travel, seeing even an imaginary world pre-2000, before 9/11, before smart phones- it's interesting! Somehow this show addresses 'issues' but you always feel like everyone really wants the best for the country.
- •Differences in PartiesCan I just say that the portrayal of both democrats and republicans is starkly different from current media portrayals? Yes.