HOW I MET MY HUSBAND
- •It was spring of my junior year in collegeMy social life was pretty dead, and at that time I had pretty much given up on having a boyfriend. So I vowed to myself to have more adventures, if only to stave off boredom.
- •I had just gotten into swing dancingThere was a swing dance event at my school that my friend and I went to, and we had a blast. So she invited me to another event at a school across the city the following week.
- •There weren't a lot of people thereA couple of old folks, some grad students, and some undergrads, future husband included.
- •I'm not very good at eye contactSo the first thing I noticed about him were his sideburns. The second thing I noticed was his curly brown hair. The crush begins.
- •We danced a couple of timesAnd while we danced, we made small talk.
- •He established himself as a huge nerdAs soon as he started to equate swing dancing with linear algebra, my spider senses started tingling.
- •We talked more and more as the night went onWell, he mostly talked and I listened, because I became extremely shy when I realized I liked him. He was really funny, and we spent most of the time just laughing.
- •Finally, he said had to leaveJust before he left, I made sure to get his name again (because I had forgotten it already).
- •The next morning, I friended him on FacebookAnd five years later, we are happily married.