THINGS I'M GOING TO DO TODAY ON MY DEAD MOM'S BIRTHDAY
She passed away a year ago. I'm still trying to figure out how to handle these "special pain" kinds of days.
- •Buy her flowersI can't remember a time when I didn't buy my mom flowers for her birthday. It's just what I do. I know she'd love them. I can't stop now, even though it makes me very sad.
- •Call my grandmaIn China, it's tradition to cook an egg for your mom on your birthday, to show appreciation for all of her labor and sacrifice. I know mom would like it if I remembered her mom.
- •Have a good cryPretty much inevitable
- •Give a big middle finger to FacebookFacebook greeted me today with a big colorful message saying "We thought you wouldn't want to miss a chance to wish her a happy birthday." Fuck you, Facebook.
- •Look at pictures of my momShe is so very beautiful. Her smile makes me smile.
- •Walk outside in the windI associate the wind with my mom for illogical reasons
- •Send my siblings some loveI love you, siblings.
- •Try to be happyBecause my mom wouldn't want me to be too sad.
- •Fail miserably at being happyWhat can you do?