My College Experience, Ranked
Inspired by @IreneC. I'm feeling nostalgic 🎓🎓🎓
- 8.Fall 2014, Senior YearSocially, I was fine. I was living with some of my best friends and it was fantastic. Everything else hit the fan. I didn't want to be at school. I wasn't enjoying a single class. I had almost 300 pages of work to read a night. I couldn't keep up. I was the ONLY ONE on the web team of my school's paper. I picked up more hours at work. I missed London, I missed camp. I was having major boy problems. I cried more than I ever cried. I had my first full blown panic attack. I wanted to stay in bed.
- 7.Spring 2012, Freshman YearThis was actually a decent semester, everything else was just better. I was taking required classes but they were all right. I was writing constantly. I had some friends. I was enjoying the North Carolinian winter.
- 6.Fall 2012, Sophomore YearThis was decent. I was living in a suite with 7 other girls who were my acquaintances/friends. My boyfriend was at my school. My classes were hit or miss. I started working part time and I was part of my school's newspaper for the first time. I won NaNoWriMo!
- 5.Spring 2013, Sophomore YearThis is where I hit my stride. I felt stronger in my group of friends. My boyfriend dumped me but I survived. My classes were s t r e s s f u l af but I survived. I was head over heels for a boy (I don't think I survived). I was more involved on campus. I took advantage of the writing center.
- 4.Fall 2011, Freshman YearI loved my first semester. I made friends easier than I thought. I liked most of my classes. My roommate was ok. I changed my major after taking a poli-sci class as a requirement. I got pretty good grades for my first semester. I was taking yoga. I wasn't homesick.
- 3.Fall 2013, Junior YearThis was a 💣 semester even if I wanted to die. I was stressed all the fucking time. I also cried a lot. I started hanging out with a boy. I became really close with some of my now best friends. But I started second guessing everything. I didn't know if I should change my majors (I didn't.) I didn't like any of my classes. My ex-boyfriend was harassing me. But I knew how to handle myself and I knew I was going to be all right.
- 2.Spring 2015, Senior YearIt's shame that my last semester was my best. I LOVED all of my classes. I was always busy. I was the most involved on campus as I had ever been. I was doing great work with the paper. I felt like all the decisions I made lead me here. I felt confident in my writing for the first time. I was working mega hard for great grades. I picked up more hours at work. I was doing yoga almost every day. I stopped spending so much energy obsessing over a boy. I graduated!
- 1.Spring 2014, Junior YearObviously this was the best because I was in London and loving life and nothing could tear me down.