Top Five Ya Books
⚠️ Warning: Highly Subjective ⚠️ All of these are books I read when I was in high school/middle school because I haven't read a really great YA book in a hot minute but if you have any suggestions I'll gladly take 'em 😁
- 5.The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen @sarahdessenThis was the first Sarah Dessen book I ever read and it made me fall in love with her and made me fall back in love with writing. It's probably one of the best Sarah Dessen books and she has a lot of great ones.
- 4.Sleeping Freshman Never Lie by David LubarHonest to god one of the only books to actually make me laugh out loud on numerous occasions.
- 3.Forever Princess by Meg Cabot (Princess Diaries book 10)The BEST ONE of all the Princess Diaries books but oh my god is this a great series. I started reading it when I was 12 and have not stopped since then. Worth the time commitment. Also one of the best movie adaptations (obviously).
- 2.The Book Thief by Markus ZusakIf you haven't read this book yet I don't even think you're living. I bawled for twenty minutes after finishing it and then started reading it again from the beginning. I originally borrowed it from the library but then bought it because I loved so much.
- 1.Maximum Ride The Angel Experiment by James PattersonI wrote my college application essay on this book because it was unknowingly the book that made me want to become an author.