Worst Parts About Not Being in College Anymore
Inspired by @IreneC for the initial request
- •All of my friends are spread out in various states on the East Coast and none of them are near meBoooooooo 😭
- •I miss my three-day weekendsI had Friday's off for about six semesters. It was glorious.
- •No longer having the chance to take whatever elective classes I wanted toI'm looking at signing up for a ceramics class but the cheapest one is like $300. At school it just would've been part of my tuition.
- •I either feel really young all the time, or really old all the time; I don't work with anyone my ageI'm either surrounded by six year olds, or forty-year olds. There's no middle. I miss my peers.
- •There's a weird sense of being independent but like, also not being independent because I'm living at home???I miss my apartment and having my own space
- •Having to pay back student loans 😑🔫
- •Not having any lifeMy town is tiny and boring and I have no friends
- •I haven't had a full glass of any alcohol since NovemberI started having like a glass of wine or some cider when I got home for work but I was too tired so I would never finish it, I would just fall asleep and I'm not going to waste money on alcohol that's going to be poured down the drain!
- •My sleep stamina is depletedI need like 10 hours of sleep now. I start to get tired at like 6pm. I used to be the QUEEN of all-nighters. I would go to sleep at 3am and wake up at 7am. This is disgraceful. Now I'm in bed by 9pm.
- •No free gym within walking distance
- •If I want food I have to make it, not wait until the dining hall is open
- •I miss my professors so much
- •I miss the general sense of comradery that college students have
- •I miss only have to go to work three days a week