REASONS WHY I DISLIKE MOST TEENAGERS (INCLUDING MYSELF)
- •We are constantly trying to one up each other. If it's not in academics, like competing to get accepted into college, we are doing it socially.
- •I compare myself to others almost all the time. It's hard to be happy for another person because I'm too busy envying them and/or pitying myself.
- •Sometimes you feel way shittier than you should actually feel when you're at home on a Friday or a Saturday and everyone else is out. (If you've yet to experience this, be sure to stay off of social media when it does happen)
- •Crushes are the absolute worst. Crushes on your friends are somehow even more terrible. (My current situation and trust me it's really bad)
- •As much as we don't want to believe that cliques and cliches don't exist, they somewhat do. Just not like how you see it in Mean Girls.
- •Social media is such a huge influence on us now. It's kinda scary. (This app is an escape from my other stuff and I really like it. No one personally knows me on here and yet I feel the most comfortable.)
- •Self esteem is the most fragile aspect of a teen and it can break as soon as I see a girl who I think is prettier than me. Refer to point #2, it applies.
- •There are a lot of bad days. There are good days too, but they tend to change to bad days before you know it.