BEST MOMENTS OF MINDY KALING'S NEW BOOK
Best quotes from Mindy Kaling's new book "Why Not Me?" that will ultimately convince you, if you already weren't convinced, that you want to be @mindy 's BFF even if it ends in a month like Greta and even though Jocelyn says she's not that great of a friend.
- •While trying to make friends in school: "'That's so funny you like the color blue. I like turquoise. We're so similar.'"
- •This photo
- •On feeling fancy and intellectual at the theater: "'Ooooh, what else has this fight choreographer worked on? Peter Pan!? I thought I recognized that sword play!"
- •"He wrote my favorite joke of all time: 'I learned nothing in college. It was really kind of my own fault. I had a double major: psychology and reverse psychology.'"- @bjnovak
- •The entire section about the differences between groomsmen and bridesmaids
- •"Things Mindy Lahiri and I Would Both Do...Say 'whoa' when we see a hot guy, Say 'whoa' when we see a hot pizza" 🍕
- •Greg Daniels saying "She just throws it in at the end like I'm going to slip up and confirm my vacationing with Ariana Grande. We were photographed in the same airport lounge, OK? If there had been enough seats, she wouldn't have been sitting on my lap. Just two random travelers killing time by hooking up. No big deal."
- •The fact that she and her best friend were announced as "Miss Mindy Kaling and her best friend from Dartmouth college, Jocelyn Leavitt" at one of Obama's state dinners
- •When she uses Kelly Clarkson "Since You've Been Gone" lyrics as her alter ego's email sign off and her bitter exchange with a made up co worker
- •When describing what show is all about: "And my show is much more than that! It's about the struggles of a delusional Indians thirty something trying to scam in white dudes!"
- •"I cannot imagine a life more boring and a more time consuming obsession than being preoccupied with watching what I eat. I mean, maybe being in a coma would be more boring but at least then you're free to dream about all your favorite foods"
- •When she calls Legally Blonde a "trenchant documentary"
- •The last chapter where she writes to a girl she doesn't know that she feels she's wronged.