HOW TO START A STARTUP
A few random thoughts I've gathered over the years
- •Listen to needs in your sphere of influence
- •Check in with existing customers - they often have amazing ideas and needs
- •Scour the market to locate likely alternatives,competitors, understand how they are similar different - how they monetize.
- •Enlist co-founders that share enthusiasm and values to solve the problem at hand
- •Having a little cash on hand and access to lines of credit can be super helpful
- •Pitch the idea to 100 potential clients before investing more than you are personally willing to write off
- •Be willing to scrap the initial idea - keep a business mindset
- •Start building a team of advisors immediately - SCORE.org can help you find local mentors
- •Consider all routes to startup funding and understand the pros and cons of each
- •Make sure you love the work, the people, the risk. It might be a long ride.