Tell Me About Your Name
Inspired by all you lovelies
- •My name is Shaina.Unusual for a Indian girl.
- •My mom chose my name.Typically, the paternal aunt chooses the child's name.
- •My family calls me Shivu.Because I was born on Shivratri. The birthday of lord Shiva, an auspicious day in Hinduism.
- •Growing up in India, my classmates made fun of my name and butchered it.Adults often confused it with Shivani. A similar, more traditional name.
- •Living in States, I never have that problem.Life is funny.
- •I've been called Shanaynay by my close friends.
- •It means beautiful in Hebrew.That is pretty much the only meaning I can find of the name.