THINGS I LIKE SAYING RIGHT NOW
10 words/idioms on heavy rotation this week
- •Greasy spoonAll these years I've been saying hole in the wall but this is way cuter!!
- •Mr RogersUsed to describe a beloved individual; the highest compliment
- •frothyFor use in reference to steamed milk (~2 times a day), insubstantial music, insubstantial film, etc
- •epiphanic"I haven't experienced anything epiphanic in 5 years"
- •frontal lobeAs in, "I have seven more years to perfect my frontal lobe"
- •Intercourse"I like that word intercourse. It poses only a limited range of possibilities" - murakami -- Primarily for use outside of the bedroom
- •TumsAs in "Do you have any tums?" "Where did I put the tums?"
- •derivativedismissive, intelligent-sounding, but totally vague 👌🏻
- •If you give a mouse a cookiemight be the most useful idiom of all