Top Places to visit in Bogota, Colombia
- •Museo del OroThe Gold museum, really neat collection of gold pieces. Cheap entry. Highly recommended
- •MonserrateHighly recommended sunset / nighttime activity. Take a cable car or funicular up and the other down. Wonderful views of Bogota at the top, check out the old church, nice cafe for hot chocolate and canelazo, cobblestoned streets lined with shops to wander around
- •La CandelariaOld colonial neighborhood. Recommend wandering around the shops and cafes for an afternoon checking out the architecture and hidden alleyways.
- •Museo de Botero in la CandelariaColombia's most famous painter and sculptor has his own museum in the Candelaria neighborhood. Highly recommended.
- •Plaza del Chorro de QuevedoA hippie square off of Candelaria. Really interesting microcosm of Bogota's culture and people. There was an energetic man there last time we went, telling a story to a large group of riveted people. If you're walking around Candelaria, make your way here and check it out!
- •UsaquenIn the northern part of the city, far from city center attractions. Has a well known shopping area and flea market. Great to stroll around, old school colonial neighborhood feel with more upscale and foreigner friendly dining options.