Reasons I Am Glad I Rescued a 9 Year Old Chihuahua
Often forgotten, abandoned or destroyed, elder pets are the best kept secret!
- •Rosie is already housebroken
- •Apparently, someone else took the time (and $) to train her
- •She knows how to walk on a leash
- •She's older so there's no chewing of socks, panties, Nintendo controller wires etc
- •She's mellow
- •She's grateful
- •She does a little dance every time I walk in the door
- •She's also trained not to beg or jump on furniture
- •I can leave her alone with my 12 yr old toothless yorkie and she doesn't torment him.
- •She can handle being alone
- •She doesn't mind wearing cute sweaters
- •We seniors need to stick together! Someone invested a lot of time and energy into Rosie and I am grateful I got the honor of adopting her.