Names For Other Things That Should Be Euphemisms For Menstruation
These are terms/phrases I heard referring to completely unrelated things that just perfectly describe periods. I wanna hear some more!
- •Mother SuperiorFirst heard on Trainspotting, then I learned it's a term for leaders of female religious communities. But what other term could explain the overarching power of the period?
- •Goddess FlowThis was the name of a Buti Yoga class I used to attend. It felt right.
- •Crimson Linings PlaybookSuggested by @PeteOnEarth
- •Crimson TideHonestly, I have a hard time believing this isn't the true meaning. Maybe Alabama started off as a women's college?Suggested by @marykathryn
- •"Moon slave"Not a euphemism for menstruation itself, but what I have referred to myself as during that time of the month/lunar cycleSuggested by @kate_dom
- •DexterSuggested by @clairewentthere