Something Funny That Happened This Week
It's been a very stressful week. I'll spare you the details, but here's a little something that made me forget about all that for a minute and laugh. And also feel like I'm a shitty person.
- •I work at a daycareMy friend watches kids out of her house and I help her out. It's so fun but so, so crazy sometimes.
- •Kids says ridiculous things.About a month ago, I was just watching all of them play. Out of nowhere, this one kid came up to me and said, "Miss Shannon, you have a big nose."
- •I've always been a little self conscious about my nose because it's a little bird-like in profile, but I wouldn't describe it as big.This kid would though.
- •I was relaying the story to my boyfriend later that day.And I told him that immediately after telling me that, the kid asked me to watch him as he ran across the room.
- •He was wanting praise for how fast he could run.I told my boyfriend that, still angry with kid, I said, "Everyone can do that. You're not special."
- •I just learned yesterday that my boyfriend took me seriously.He thought I talk to children like that. However, I promise I did NOT tell this child he was not special.
- •I laughed so hard knowing that my boyfriend thought that for a month.Now I know that he thinks I verbally abuse the children I watch.
- •I do not.Now I'm not so sure my boyfriend knows me at all or understands my humor.
- •I guess what I should learn from this is...No matter how close you are to someone, don't joke about being mean to kids.
- •I really don't want to be seen as an emotional abuser of children.Just a funny, big-nosed child minder.