Songs I Can't Hear Without Crying
Warning: this is sad
- •Putting the Dog to Sleep - The AntlersI associate this song with the time in high school when my bf, who showed me this song, broke up with me; and then I had to move in with my aunt because I was fighting with my dad so much, except then my aunt was actually somehow worse, and I felt like I had nowhere I could go and be wanted. Saddest lyric: "Don't lie to me, if you're putting the dog to sleep"
- •Asleep - The SmithsI mean, it's about suicide to me. Saddest lyric: "sing me to sleep, I'm tired and I want to go to bed. Don't feel bad for me ... I am so glad to go" or something like that idk
- •Exit Music - RadioheadAlso about suicide. Saddest lyric: "breathe, keep breathing.... don't lose your nerve"
- •Wake Up - Arcade FireThis is kind of a happy cry I guess. It just reminds me of high school and first loves and stuff. Fave part: "I guess we'll just have to ad-JUUUUUUSSSTSTSTTTTTaysy"
- •Landslide - Fleetwood Mac"Oh I've been afraid of changing cause I built my life around you" guess who moved to a different province and dropped out of university for a boy and it didn't work out :) :) :)
- •No Surprises - RadioheadSaddest lyrics: "A heart that's full up like a landfill, a job that slowly kills you, bruises that won't heal" / "I'll take a quiet life, a handshake, some carbon monoxide" this one just speaks to the futility I feel in trying to fit into society and support myself when I'm only working so I have enough to placate myself until I'm ready to work again. I hate capitalism and I'm angry about it!!!!