Vocabulary of the Pretentious Art Student
There is definitely a pattern in the way the people at my school talk. I go to a very "exclusive" and "vigorous" art institution. At first I thought it was just professors but students really catch on to it. This is how art pretension born and distributed. I was going to call this Cooper Vocabulary but I think its very relatable beyond Cooper.
- •Negotiate"How we negotiate space", "Negotiate those relationships"
- •Resolved"This resolves itself nicely", "this needs to be more resolved"
- •Moment"This piece has some very interesting moments", "the quality of line in that moment"
- •Juxtapose"This would be more resolved juxtaposed to this moment"
- •Satisfy"This moment is satisfying in how it resolves itself"