WHAT I WANTED TO BE GROWING UP, CHRONOLOGICALLY
I guess it worked out.
- •AuthorI was pretty consistent with this until I was about 12. I have a bunch of stories about chickens and farms and girls who beat the odds in a Five Star notebook somewhere.
- •BallerinaI danced for long enough to think I could actually make money doing it one day. Now I just take classes in an attempt to fill the hole that never closed.
- •ActressI went to Circus Camp one year. Too afraid to try the flying trapeze, and too impatient to learn juggling, I played the lead character of Frantic Woman Looking for Clowns.
- •DermatologistThis was a serious one, pretty much throughout high school. I honestly imagined myself dissecting people's skin for the rest of my life. Today, I'm overwhelmed enough dealing with my own.
- •JournalistI realized by the end of high school that I could take all the writing praise I had received and turn it into a career. That, combined with my tech obsession lead to where I am now.