A Photo Every Hour I'm Awake: March 19th, 2017
Hoping that by doing this I keep my Sunday interesting or at the very least, productive
- •7:55amI woke up around 7, unable to sleep any longer. Sometime during the early morning he ditched me for the radiator.
- •8:47amI showered! And got dressed! My Instagram husband is still asleep so here's my selfie OOTD, complete with cat hair. I decided since I'm up so early I earned a fancy coffee. I noticed a couple articles in my daily NYT email I want to read, I think I'm about to hit the paywall limit, and my coffee shop should have the paper. Let's go!
- •9:00amGot my drink and I'm digging in. The article on what we can learn from Finnish healthcare is one that I wanted to read.
- •10:24amBack home for breakfast✨
- •11:28amI've been at Saver's thrift store for 20ish mins? Maybe more like 30. Disappointed that these climbing shoes don't quite fit but very happy to score that blanket!
- •12:22pmOur house is less than 2 miles from the Weisman but I haven't been here in a couple years. It's free and I got nothin else going on today so here we are! There's an exhibit going on of brain drawings. I'll let you know more next hour!
- •1:25pmOk! The exhibit is called Beautiful Brain and it features the drawings of Santiago Ramón y Cajal. This Spaniard is known as the father of modern neuroscience and what's cool is that he didn't set out to be a neuroscientist, instead he wanted to be an artist. When he was 15 his father allowed him to enroll in art school. I love that U of M neuroscientists and a Weisman art historian collaborated on the 80 drawings of his that they wanted to feature for their aesthetic and scientific importance.
- •2:02pmAfter looking at the galleries a bit we took an architectural tour with a woman named Elena. She kept saying mew-zay-um which I thought was an interesting pronunciation. I hadn't realized that the Weisman was the first museum Frank Gehry designed. It opened in 1993. The U of M prez told him, "Just don't give me a lump of brick." WAM is made of stainless steel. The Disney Concert hall in LA and the Guggenheim in Bilbao are titanium I guess?
- •3:02pmMy husband suggested three chains to eat at before he finally mentioned "how about Emily's Lebanese?" Again, haven't been here in years! I will now 100% stop in on my way home from work in the near future just to get their spinach pies to go. SO good.
- •4:40pmFirst DQ of the season
- •5:02pm"You're like an angel...sent from above...to destroy me." -loving husband. We went for a short walk along the river. I love this spot because it doesn't take long to get to, there's not very many people around, and you don't hear very many cars.
- •6:12pm🙋🏼I am very tired. I mean, are you keeping up with all the crap I'm doing today?! I put this record on to have something quiet to listen to and to also drown out my cat's constant meowing (he gets to eat in 15 mins).
- •7:49pm1) I'm still tired. 2) I have too many library books out right now that I won't be able to renew. Going to spend some time flipping through the cookbooks, listening to a podcast until I get hungry. Then I'll go heat up a burrito. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- •9:29pmAdult human making questionable food mixing choices. Whatever, time for Big Little Lies
- •10:48pmWhat's up Central Time Zoners, are we all still up at almost 11pm on a Sunday? I got ready for bed, took this photo all nicely staged and then remembered I had to do the laundry switcheroo. Also, just curious does anyone else keep a spray bottle on their bedside table that they shake menacingly whenever their cat hits the blinds for attention? I'm going to try to read a little bit, but my awake hours for March 19 2017 are coming to a close.
- •11:23pmWell here we are, the last photo for my today. I had a lot of fun making this list and I want to thank everyone for all the love! I have a lot of thoughts about doing a list like this and variations that I think would be fun to do. I plan on writing about it tomorrow, so stay tuned. Goodnight!
- •💥Next-day analysis is up💥I wrote a list about my thoughts on making this list. Read it here: Some Thoughts On A Photo Every Hour I'm Awake