Trips I Took In 2016
Whoa, until I did this list I didn't really realize how much I got to see and do in 2016. I have never traveled this much in one year before, holy geez.
- •San Diego & Palm Springs, CA; January ✈️🚗An escape from the winter cold! Flights were free thanks to my credit card. Visited family in San Diego (aunt and 92 YO great aunt). Spent an entire day at the zoo. Stayed at the Ace Hotel and visited Joshua Tree.
- •Seattle & the Washington Coast; March✈️🚗
- •Washburn, WI, Marquette & Pictured Rocks National Lake Shore, MI; June 🚗9 year anniversary trip. Fancy dinner in the woods near Bayfield. Stayed at our favorite Airbnb tiny rustic cabin on MI's part of Lake Superior, spent a day reading on the beach getting sunburned, and kayaked at Pictured Rocks at sunset.
- •Washburn & Bayfield, WI; July 🚗Picked 22 pounds of strawberries with my mom (most of which are still in my freezer). kayaked at The Apostle Islands National Lakeshore at sunset and kayaked along the shore in Washburn. Finally brought our kayak back to mpls!
- •San Francisco & Big Sur, CA; July ✈️🚗A trip to see a good friend get married in the Bay Area. Threw a bachelorette party with 2 friends. Spent a day in SF by myself at Twin Peaks, Trouble Coffee, Sutro Baths, lunch at Burma Superstar, and communed with the redwoods at Muir Woods. Stayed at a charming inn in Big Sur. Went whale watching for the first time and got to see a blue whale!
- •Washburn & Bayfield, WI; August 🚗Got to go wild blueberry picking with my dad, saw Case/Lang/Veirs & Andy Shauf at The Big Top Chautauqua, and showed our friends my hometown.
- •Frontenac State Park, MN; September 🚗Two nights camping in intermittent rain. Did a little hiking along the Mississippi. Saw some stars, heard some coyotes. Enjoyed the semi-secluded campsite.
- •Boston & Maine; September ✈️🚗A wonderful trip with just my mom. Flew into Boston, drove to Portland Maine and then Bar Harbor. Looked at lighthouses, went on a windjammer cruise in Bar Harbor, hiked around Acadia National Park on the last day of summer. Ate ALL the seafood.
- •Bayfield & La Pointe, WI; October 🚗Got to stay in a yurt with a lake view, eat all the apple things in Bayfield at Apple Fest, and go hiking at Big Bay State Park on Madeline Island with friends.
- •Tofte, MN; November 🚗Went to a cabin with friends and made a giant turkey dinner and then a turkey pot pie from the leftovers (maybe the best meal of 2016). Did one million jigsaw puzzles by myself! Took a sauna. Watched The Night Manager. Finished reading a book.
- •Houston, TX; December ✈️🚗Went for the Day For Night music festival. Saw Björk DJ, Aphex Twin, DJ Windows 98 (Win Butler), Odessa, among others! Got to see the Björk VR which made me cry. Visited the Rothko chapel, Menil collection and NASA.