Breakfasts to Make Ahead to Keep the Morning Easier
- •Blueberry muffins, the batter made the night before, in the muffin liners in the tin, in the refrigerator. Turn the oven on in the morning, to 425. Brew coffee. Put in muffins and make for 10 minutes, then turn down the heat to 375 and finish baking. Warm muffins for breakfast.
- •Cut the leftover vegetables from the day into bite- size pieces and sauté them in clarified butter with a pinch of salt and a touch of smoked paprika. Let them cool. Spoon them into muffin liners in the tin (fill about halfway). Whisk 8 eggs, add a pinch of salt and a bit of baking powder. Pour the eggs into the muffin liners. Bake at 425.
- •Oatmeal in the rice cooker. (Also, buckwheat groats or quinoa or millet.) put oats in the rice cooker with almond milk -- oat milk is even better -- with a touch of honey and salt. Put it in the refrigerator. Wake up. Put the oats in the rice cooker and turn it on.
- •Make scone dough. Cut into triangles. Put them on a parchment-lined baking sheet and put it in the freezer. In the morning, turn the oven onto 400 and put in the scones.
- •Lay down pieces of bread on a parchment-lined and greased baking sheet. Cut holes in the bread with a biscuit cutter. Crack an egg into each hole. Pinch of salt. Put the baking sheet in the fridge overnight. In the morning, turn on the oven to 400. Put in baking sheet. When the bread is browned and the eggs set, it's egg sandwiches for everyone.