Essentials for Taco Night Tuesday
We have tacos every Tuesday night. It's a habit that means we don't have to think about what's for dinner. And that's awesome.
- •Homemade corn tortillas.
- •A giant bowl of just-made guacamole, preferably with lots of lime and cilantro.
- •Soft, plump beans. Usually black beans.
- •Something pickled, including red onions, carrots, or jalapeños.
- •Salsa. (Homemade during the summer.)
- •Optional: carnitas braised slowly for hours
- •Optional: sautéed mushrooms.
- •Optional: two toddler boys smearing beans on each other's faces, then throwing food to make each other laugh. (Only recommended occasionally.)