Quotes Form the Stephen Colbert Gq Piece That Make Feel We'll Be Okay Without Letterman
- •"shedding the suit of the high-status dummy he played for nine years has liberated him to do the comedy he really wants to do."
- •"I just want to do things that scratch an itch for me. That itch is often something that feels wrong. It's wrong because it breaks convention...I like that feeling."
- •I do like thinking. If people perceive that as a moral intellectualism, that's fine.
- •I have a face like a catcher's mitt.
- •Something is one thing in the morning and then by the end of the day it's a totally different thing. It's all process.
- •He used to have a note taped to his computer that read, "Joy is the most infallible sign of the existence of God."
- •The central tension in his life, he said, is between being a "reasonably friendly, good-at-cocktail-party guy" and walking around the world feeling like he's not quite part of it.
- •And the world. It's so...lovely. I'm very grateful to be alive, even though I know a lot of dead people.