This Week's Menu, According to the Theme of Our Dinner Nights
- •Monday: soup and salad nightThis week we've chosen carrot-ginger soup topped with smoked paprika shrimp. Plus a potato-radish salad with a warm shallot vinaigrette.
- •Tuesday: taco nightMushroom tacos with black beans, pickled red onions, and avocado crema.
- •Wednesday: Indian nightThis week it's a red lentil daal with a sizzling spiced oil (thanks, Aarti Sequaria). Gluten-free naan. And a fennel-grapefruit salad.
- •Thursday: kid night (Lucy chooses)Baked sweet potato bar with roasted broccoli, sautéed mushrooms, queso fresco, and olives. Plus, meatballs on the side.
- •Friday: pizza night
- •Saturday: Italian night.Saturdays we feed the kids early -- pasta! This week, we're making Jenny Rosenstrach's lazy turkey bolognese sauce for it. Danny surprises me every week with a late-night date menu for us.