Five Mistakes that Drive Copy Editors Crazy (as Told by 'Friends')
They don't call me the grammar hammer for nothing 🔨
- •You're v. YourSeriously? Please learn this. PLEASE! And while we're here, let's add They're, There, and Their and To, Two, and Too
- •Misusing SemicolonsIt's not the same as a comma, people! If they're independent clauses, they can have a semicolon.
- •Losing v. LoosingHint: "loosing" isn't a word.
- •Misspelling "Definitely"Misspell might be the most misspelled word in the English language, but "definitely" is definitely up there
- •Its v. It's"Its" is possessive; "it's" means "it is"