Good Memories from 2016
This year was, in many ways, one of the most challenging I've ever had. And next year probably won't be a walk in the park, so I'm going to make myself remember the positives! Inspired by @amieshmamie's list!
- •I started off 2016 with a brand new job!My colleagues love me and I'll be really sad to leave them all next year!
- •In March I went to AntiguaReally the whole trip was a shitshow but the views and the drinks were both A+
- •In May, @saltrifilio and I moved in together!We've been ready for this for so long, and a lot of our friends and family were worried that it was too big of a step to take, but it has been such a gratifying experience. I never thought I could feel so close to someone! Plus our apartment is GORGEOUS. Here is a photo of our sick fireplace
- •In June we went to Florida to visit my familySo much sangria was had by all
- •July brought my biannual residency for my MFAShit was weird, but I got by on wine and ritz crackers
- •Then in August it was back to Florida!My family does an annual cruise so my grandmother can party with all of us together. It is always a crazy blast! This year we went to Cozumel and I got stung by a jellyfish
- •In September I became a true gingerI was sick of my hair color so I decided to become (if possible) more Irish. I love the color more and more every single day, and I love that I did it because I wanted to! Empowerment!
- •For my birthday in October we visited MontrealIt was my first time in French Canada and I LOVED IT
- •November brought the opportunity to vote for a female presidential candidateIt was one of the most beautiful experiences of my life. I wasn't expecting to feel the full weight of it at the polls, but I actually got choked up when I filled in my ballot
- •In December I finished the first half of my thesis!What a load off my shoulders. HONESTLY! 40 pages long and I ended up with an A. I put my entire life into this project for four months and it paid off!
- •Gonna keep focusing on these good momentsAnd pretend the whole world isn't falling apart hooray!
- •Happy holidays!Goodbye and good riddance, 2016!