WHY DIDN'T I SAY ANYTHING?!
See this previous list: THE WORST FEELING
- •A few nights ago a friend and I were grabbing drinks when two gentlemen approached us to join their group.
- •Everything started out friendly and the usual round of questioning began. "Where are you from?"
- •"Oh! You look like a corn-fed girl!"Um what does this even mean? Strike one. 😳
- •Then we started talking politics...Somehow we came out of this agreeing with each other.
- •Talking about politics, led to talking about relationship dynamics. They seem to think that there's always a dominant person in a relationship and women are always attracted to a dominant male. We want someone to support us.We protested but it was like talking to a brick wall.
- •Why did we stay and keep talking to them?!
- •This conversation turned into them analyzing us based on what we were wearing and apparently I'm less confident because I decided to wear a dress and show more skin.
- •Next time, I'm saying I do not appreciate your judgements and you're wrong. AND WALK AWAY.