Favorite Accompaniments for Ice Cream
Good ice cream should be good enough to not need anything else. But here are some of my super favorites when I want a treat.
- •waffle cone from IciBest cones I've come across.
- •Toasted pan de salAn actual ice cream sandwich. Filipino pan de sal is much better than cookies because it is less sweet and better absorbs the melty ice cream. I learned this from my grandma
- •really, really good espressoMy dream would be an affogato of my ice cream and Bear Pond Espresso's Angel Stain.
- •St. George NOLA coffee liqueurCoffee but better.
- •Pedro Ximenez sherryI feel a little like an old lady when I choose this because this basically tastes like liquid raisins but I like it.
- •Proper Israeli tahini, Barhi dates (straight from the freezer), and a sprinkling of fleur de sel#1, A++. This on vanilla bean ice cream is one of my favorite things on earth.