Important Things About Making Ice Cream
I make too much ice cream. Here are some things I've learned.
- •Whole milk and heavy cream are superior to any of that 2%, 1%, skim, soy, almond stuff. For people who are trying to diet: well, this stuff is just not good for you, period. Sorry.
- •Getting a chest freezer is life changing. Quality and quantity upgrades. Best $350 I've ever spent.
- •Also life changing: another freezer bowl. You can now make ice cream every day. And you have space for it in your chest freezer.
- •Fruit ice creams keep terribly. Many fruits are 80+% water (which is ice!).
- •175F is the perfect custard temperature.
- •Pro: you will make more friends. Con: it's unclear if they like you or your ice cream.