Why I'm Taking a Hiatus From Facebook
Or at least trying too!!
- •Too many Politics, LITERALLY! Seriously, enough already!
- •I am tired of people tearing each other down. Let people believe and like what they want.
- •Do I really have 247 friends? I didn't think so.
- •We have only so many trips around the sun...why do I feel the need to spend it distancing myself with FB?
- •I constantly feel the need to compare myself, my life's success and failures, based on the lives I see people living on FB. And honestly, it's not healthy.
- •Sadly, it brings out people's true character. It makes me sad when people think they can use social media to forgo consequences.
- •Do I really need to see the latest memes?
- •As cute as they may be, has my life changed by watching puppy and kitten videos?
- •I'm hungry for sustenance that I can't get from FB or TV/Netflix for that matter. I can't stop reading, have an urge to delve into topics from TED talks and I even want to go back to school.
- •But it all comes down to intention. I feel like society has lost the importance of being intentional in life. Intentional with relationships, experiences and self-care. Let's call up one of our 200 friends to talk about life. Let's take the time and show our friends and family we care by writing them a handwritten letter.
- •Easier said than done, I know! This is going to be hell! But if I can do it...it'll be SO worth it!!