My Five-Year-Old Doesn't Like Her Tummy
- •Several time recently she has noted that she is the only one in our family with a round tummyMy husband would be very flattered in another context.
- •And I always reply that everyone is shaped differently and that I love her tummy and every part of her.But lately that is not enough.
- •So yesterday I told her that her tummy would stretch out as she grows.As I suspect it will (she is tiny but still has the shape of a toddler). That seemed to satisfy her.
- •But I don't know how to handle my five-year-old's body image issuesBecause sweet little five-year-olds aren't supposed to have body image issues.
- •I just want her to feel happy and confident in her little body.Even if her tummy stays round indefinitely. Or gets rounder.
- •I want her to believe that she is perfect the way she is.Because she is. Really.