TIPS FOR DRIVING IN DC
My list to ensure you are driving in accordance with law, with courtesy, and like a decent human being in the Washington, DC area
- •Blinkers. Use them. I am not a mind reader and would like to be informed before you cut me off.
- •Headlights. Use them. Especially if it's dark, raining, foggy or all three. Don't curse at me because I didn't see you in your slate grey car in low visibility.
- •Space. You see that car length distance between me and the car in front of me? Yeah. That's not for you to put your car because my lane *might* be moving faster. And if you're going to do it anyway, please use your blinker (see #1)
- •Lane Changing. Trust me. The other lane is NOT moving any faster. Cutting me off to get an advantage is what is causing the traffic.
- •Phones and Laptops. TURN THEM OFF AND PUT THEM AWAY. Who are you talking to at 6 in the morning? And I know you're texting - no one looks at their crotch that much.
- •We're all in a hurry to get to wherever it is we're going. Obey the above and it will all go a little smoother.