The Definitive Harry Potter Book Ranking
Including movie gifs but the movie rankings are an entirely different issue.
- 1.Prisoner of AzkabanThe best book of the entire series, and I will not tolerate anyone who says otherwise. The only one that ends on a positive note. The one in between little kids and raging teenage hormones. Funny and informative as to back story. Introduction to more dark and sad parts of the wizarding world (werewolf discrimination, anyone?). And finally, Sirius Black. Need I say more?
- 2.Half Blood PrinceHilarious. Horcruxes to the max. Quidditch. Attempted murder of Draco Malfoy. Harry being right about something for once (Malfoy being a Death Eater). Also: There's no need to call me "Sir" Professor.
- 3.Order of the PhoenixLoving to hate Umbridge, aka Satan-incarnate. Neville getting his time to shine. Sirius. Oh, Sirius.
- 4.Chamber of SecretsUsed to be my least favorite. Now, the more I read it, I like how it furthers the plot as to Voldy’s backstory and introducing house elves. Dobby is completely wonderful. And every time I re-read it, Gilderoy Lockhart gets funnier and funnier.
- 5.Deathly HallowsYou know how it takes Frodo 3 incredibly long books to destroy one ring? Then think about Harry stabbing a horcrux every 30 seconds at the Battle of Hogwarts. Maybe somewhere in the middle might have made the pacing a bit less frantic.
- 6.Goblet of FireWhiny teenagers, dating woes, and deaths of characters I’m attached to are the perfect storm for me to dislike this book.
- 7.Sorcerer's StoneI really kind of hate this one. Last year I went on a 40 tweet tirade in 30 minutes detailing my disdain for this book. Plot holes and personality changes galore. And my biggest complaint: WHY WOULD ALOHOMORA WORK ON THE DOOR FLUFFY IS BEHIND?