10 of My Favourite Lines from HBO's 'Girls'
This morning I watched the season finale of HBO's Girls. For me, (although not for everyone, I know) it has perfectly encapsulated the struggle and evolution that follows life after university and being a 'twenty something' woman. So here are my favourite lines from one of my favourite shows.
- 1.Adam Sackler"And just because I could tell you her middle name, or what kind of record she liked, that doesn’t mean anything. That’s not a connection, anyone can have that. Really knowing someone is something else. That’s a completely different thing. And when it happens, you won’t be able to miss it. You’ll be aware. And you won’t hurt or be afraid." (Season 3, Females Only)
- 2.Hannah Horvath'It is really liberating to say no to shit that you hate.' (Season 3, Truth or Dare)
- 3.Marnie Michaels'Sometimes being stuck in my own head is so exhausting it makes me want to cry.' (Season 1, Weirdos Need Girlfriends Too)
- 4.Shoshanna Shapiro'You guys never listen to me. You treat me like I'm a fucking cab driver. Seriously, you have entire conversations in front of me like I'm invisible. And sometimes I wonder if my social anxiety is holding me back from meeting the people who would actually be right for me instead of a bunch of fucking whiny nothings as friends!' (Season 3, Beach House)
- 5.Marnie Michaels'I don't know what the next year of my life is going to be like at all. I don't know what the next week of my life is gonna be like. I don't even know what I want. Sometimes I just wish someone would just tell me this is how you should spend your days and this is how the rest of your life should look.' (Season 2, It's A Shame About Ray)
- 6.Jessa Johansson'Why didn’t you stand up for me? Why weren’t you there? Why can’t you do one single thing you say you’re going to do? You act like you want me to come see you, but you don’t know how to have me here. You don’t know how to deal with it. You don’t know how to even have a conversation with me.' (Season 2, Video Games)
- 7.Hannah Horvath'Please don't tell anyone this, but I wanna be happy.' (Season 5, One Man's Trash)
- 8.Jessa Johansson'You know what the weirdest part about having a job is? You have to be there everyday, even on the days you don't feel like it.' (Season 1, Hannah's Diary)
- 9.Ray Ploshansky'It’s hard to tell someone so young that things don’t always end up the way you thought they’d be.' (Season 2, Boys)
- 10.Hannah Horvath'Life, man. I can't promise perfection, but I can guarantee intrigue.' (Season 4, Home Birth)