Great Things Recently Said by Monica Lewinsky
I am ALL ABOUT her renaissance.
- •"If you haven’t figured out who you are, it’s hard not to accept the horrible image of you created by others."
- •"Anybody who has gone through any kind of trauma knows it doesn’t just go away with a snap of the fingers. It lives as an echo in your life. But over time the echo becomes softer and softer."
- •"Some of you younger people might only know me from some rap lyrics."
- •"Unlike the other parties involved, I was so young that I had no established identity to which I could return. I didn’t 'let this define' me—I simply hadn’t had the life experience to establish my own identity in 1998."
- •"I was Patient Zero: The first person to have their reputation completely destroyed worldwide via the Internet."
- •"It may surprise you to learn that I’m actually a person."
- •"Can I see a show of hands of anyone who didn’t make a mistake or do something they regretted at 22?"
- •"My name is Monica Lewinsky. Though I have often been advised to change it, or asked why on earth I haven’t. But, there we are. I haven’t."
- •"It’s been said: It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation but you can lose it in a minute. That’s never been more true than today."
- •"I am determined to have a different ending to my story. I’ve decided, finally, to stick my head above the parapet so that I can take back my narrative and give a purpose to my past."
- •"That's part of what I thought I could contribute: That in someone else’s darkest moment, lodged in their subconscious might be the knowledge that there was someone else who was, at one point in time, the most humiliated person in the world. And that she survived it."