My Favorite Cheap Beauty Treatments in New York
Because you're worth it! (At least $15)
- •Fishion Herb CenterThis Chinatown massage parlor is incredible! A 60-minute massage costs $41. It's definitely not a luxurious place, but you'll leave knot-free.
- •Mian Tian SingThe $15 blowout includes lengthy shoulder, neck, and scalp massages. Just make sure to ask for a simple style -- like stick-straight.
- •Tamago Skin CareThe basic facial costs $55, and includes an extraction and a neck massage. It's clean and pleasant -- and made my wintertime dry skin look much better -- but don't expect any frills.
- •ShunFa Relaxation CenterThe reflexology foot massage is the thing to get here. I love when the masseuse presses down and says, "This will clear your sinuses! This will make you sleep better! This will cure your tummy ache!"
- •Le Chic Nail SpaHere's a solid $30 manicure-pedicure combo in the heart of the Lower East Side. Good magazine selection, too!
- •KL Artistic ImpressionAnother great place for a simple blowout: It costs $25, and the salon is centrally located in the Village.
- •Mario BadescuEven though this spa is a little fancy, prices are still reasonable. A facial costs $65, and the bag of free samples you'll take home is priceless.
- •Il VillaggioA manicure, pedicure, and 10-minute massage costs $42 total. But the best thing about this place is that there are big TV screens always playing E! or Bravo.
- •HibbaThe hair-removal treatments (waxing, threading) are pretty standard. What makes Hibba awesome is that there's a generous media discount. So say you work for a magazine or a TV show! Or that you're the EIC of this new, mysterious thing called List App!