NYC Chocolate Chip Cookies, Ranked
I eat a lot of sugar. You should know this about me.
- 1.Levain BakeryThis is not up for debate.
- 2.MamanMake sure to ask the owner (Elisa!) to warm it up in the oven.
- 3.El ReyMy move is to take the cookie and dunk it into the brownie-batter hot chocolate. (I'm going to die young.)
- 4.Jacques TorresExtra rich and chocolate-y.
- 5.Blue Ribbon Bakery MarketIt's more of a light everyday cookie -- thin and crispy.
- 6.Birdbath/City BakeryI want to rank it higher, but it's often burnt. Quality control, people!
- 7.OvenlyAvailable at most coffee shops (and it's the McNally Jackson cookie of choice). Surprisingly vegan, which means you should eat two.
- 8.The SmileFor all of you strange creatures who don't like the taste of pure sugar, this one has sea salt on top.
- 9.Dominique Ansel BakeryA shot made out of a warm cookie that's filled with vanilla milk. Boom.
- 10.Amy's BreadPerfect lunch: grilled cheese from Murray's (next door) followed by Amy's cookies!
- 11.CultureIt'll make you forget you're in midtown.