Things That Happened While Jet-lagged in Spain
I landed in Barcelona this morning! I didn't sleep on the plane because Cinderella was playing. Today has been a struggle.
- •Fell asleep on my hotel lobby's couch in fetal position.My room wasn't ready. I think I got an upgrade because the manager needed to hide me.
- •Ate three "bikini" sandwiches.Traditional little Spanish sandwiches with ham and cheese. There was no need for three. I couldn't tell if l was tired or hungry or both.
- •Toured the Picasso museum in 11 minutes.Far too short. But if I stood still in front of a painting for too long, my eyes would close and my body would start swaying.
- •Went to the beach and forgot to put on sunscreen.So I am now a little sunburnt. Silly sleep-deprived Sierra!
- •Watched Spanish surfers wash off in the outdoor shower.I lingered for an inappropriate amount of time.
- •Also ate fried potatoes and pan con tomate.Both good choices. I stand by these, regardless of my level of consciousness.
- •Asked for six samples of gelato before choosing a flavor.This was a real asshole move. I blame the jet-lag. Though I'm happy that I ultimately got rose-raspberry and stracciatella.
- •Napped twice more.Naps in hotel bathrobes are the best.
- •Almost got hit by a car.Several times.
- •Finally woke up when I ate one of the best desserts of my life.Hot Catalan French toast with vanilla ice cream.
- •Wrote this list!It's been too long since I've written a list.