Ways That Former Make-out Partners Acknowledged My Birthday
Dudes I've loved, pseudo-dated, and only smooched came out of the woodwork. Weird!
- •"Happy birthday! Still one of my favorite dance partners."We "dated" in eighth grade and haven't spoken in years. (Still loved this message.)
- •"I would have loved to come to your party, but I'm on call tomorrow."We're on great terms mostly because he's a doctor. He told me that whatever happened between us, I could always cut the line at his ER.
- •"Happy birthday, Mademoiselle! Long time no see!"Yes, it's been at least three years since we kissed on a rooftop.
- •"We need to do something fun when I come back."After I broke up with him, he moved to Norway. He's never returned.
- •"JUST FINISHED ICING YOUR CAKE."We live in different cities. Cute!
- •"I wish you nothing but the best, today and always."This made my heart hurt.
- •"I was going to come with Natasha tonight, but I'm swamped with work due tomorrow."But I didn't invite you!
- •"Hope it's a great one."I hope I never see this one again.
- •"It's been a few years. Hope you're doing great. I'm still in NYC, and I think it might be fun if we caught up over drinks. Let me know if you're interested. No pressure!"We went on exactly two dates ... seven years ago.