... can be frustrating
- •Wanted to make this pumpkin pastaYeah, I'm a pregnant white female in the fall: I couldn't possibly be more of this magazine's target audience if I tried
- •Requires these ingredientsSeems simple enough
- •So I go to the market and am forced to:
- •1. Replace broccoli rabeIt's nowhere in the store. Hope "baby broccoli" is close.
- •2. Replace pumpkinWith butternut squash, which is no big deal. They only sold the giant pumpkins, like more for carving, and I didn't want to deal with that.
- •3. Replace orecchietteWith shells, close enough
- •4. Replace green pumpkin seedsWith pine nuts. My grocery store is not fancy, message received. Ugh
- •The cooking itself was fine but it's already a hot day so I got sweaty.Plus our kitchen is small so I have to move a lot around as I go to accomplish all the cutting, plating, etc. in the bits of counter space available.
- •BUT. It resulted in deliciousnessThat does mostly look like the magazine version
- •So this isn't really a complaint, in the long run. Just a pointless story. Thanks for reading. LolHope the leftovers heat well for lunch tomorrow 😊